Terms and conditions
Making a Reservation
• Reservations may be made either by phone, email, letter or in person.
• On receipt of a reservation enquiry the booking is provisional - a booking form will be forwarded to you for completion. The person named as the lead person accepts responsibility for all party members and any damage howsoever caused.
• Provisional bookings remain firm for five calendar days. This is to allow you time to return a completed booking form and appropriate payment (in pounds sterling). If no deposit is received before the expiry of this period the provisional booking will be cancelled without further notification.
• Once a booking form and appropriate payment has been received the booking will be confirmed in writing to you.
Paying for your holiday
• A deposit of one third of the total amount due is payable on booking with the remainder to be paid eight weeks before commencement of holiday. The due date will be stated on the booking confirmation. It is your responsibility to ensure the balance is paid by the due date and no reminder will be issued.
• As soon as a booking is confirmed you become liable for the balance of the holiday when due including payment for any pet(s).
• Bookings made within eight weeks of the start date of your holiday must be paid in full. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation by you. This means that you will lose your booking and your deposit will be forfeit. We are not responsible for sending reminders of the due date.
• If you wish to bring your pet with you payment must be made with the balance payment prior to the commencement of your holiday.
Method of Payment
• Payment by electronic bank transfer or cheque (cheques must be forwarded in order to clear by the due date. Failure to clear may be treated as cancellation by you)
• Where payment is made from outside of the UK only direct bank transfer will be accepted.
Cancelling your holiday
• In the event of cancellation, please advise immediately in writing (email is acceptable).
• Cancellations made more than eight weeks prior to the start date of your holiday will result in the loss of your deposit only.
• Cancellations made less than eight weeks prior to the start date of your holiday will result in loss of the full amount. We therefore strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance to cover you for this.
• We will refund the monies paid by you in the event that we are able to re-let the cottage for the same period. An administration charge of £30 will be deducted.
• In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your holiday due to circumstances beyond our control, we will refund all monies paid to us. No further liability will be accepted.
• In the unlikely event that we are forced to terminate your holiday early due to circumstances beyond our control, we will refund an appropriate proportion of monies paid to us in accordance with the relative number of nights stay. The short break pricing will apply in this event. No further liability will be accepted.
• Arrival and Departure - Dreamcatcher is available from after 3pm on the arrival date and must be vacated by 10am at the latest on the day of departure.
• Dreamcatcher should be left clean and tidy. Any damage or breakages, however small, must be reported and we reserve the right to make a charge for repair or replacement. We supply appropriate cleaning products and equipment.
• The use of accommodation or amenities include the parking area beside the cottage and is entirely at the user’s risk. We accept no liability for any accident or injury to or any guest or visitor. In addition, we accept no liability for any loss or damage to guests’ or visitors’ vehicles or belongings.
• Guest numbers must not exceed that stated on the booking form.
• Guests are expected to behave with consideration to other guests/residents/animals/property.
We reserve the right, should any breach of any of the terms and conditions as stated in this document occur, to terminate the holiday.
• Pets are permitted at Dreamcatcher on the condition that they are kept under control at all times.
• Pets are charged at £25 per pet per week or short break.
• Pets must be specified on the booking form at the time of booking and must be paid for with the balance of the holiday
• Pet waste must be cleaned up by guests promptly
• Pets must never be left unattended
• Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture, or upstairs. We do not accept responsibility for the safety of pets
• The person who signs the booking form is responsible for the booking and agrees to the conditions on behalf of all parties included on the booking form.
• The person signing the booking form is responsible for the party occupying the cottage.
• The person signing the booking form must be over 18 years of age.
• Candles/oil or gas lamps/fireworks are not permitted in the cottages for reasons of insurance.
Hot Water/Central Heating
• Hot water is included in the price of your holiday.
• Central heating is included.
Linen and Towels
• Bed linen, tea towels, kitchen towels and personal hand and bath towels are supplied. Beach towels are not supplied and towels are NOT to be removed from Dreamcatcher, therefore guests should make provision to provide their own beach towels.