The farm, which is no longer a working farm, is understood to have medieval origins and so far we have traced it back to 1570. The field behind the Farmhouse was called Above Town – presumably because it is above Okehampton!
We bought Webber Hill in 2006 and embarked on a project to renovate the dilapidated barns, gradually bringing them into useful service as holiday cottages taking care to retain original features and try to work with the buildings, whilst making them comfortable “homes away from home” as described by many of our guests.
Dreamcatcher was the first project to be finished and was originally known as “Calves Pen” on the 1840 tithe map. It is believed that this was where the calves were weaned. The lounge area was where the bull was kept and the parking space at the back was the yard to his pen. The gate can still be seen in the hedge. In the bedroom there were some low stone troughs where the headboard end of the bed is.